Found some joy.

I found some freedom tonight!

For a very long time I have been feeling pulled down by the weight of what I thought was, “Honoring GOD.” All of the do’s and don’ts. I even heard that, “once saved always saved,” was not true. I was shocked to find out that I could loose my salvation.

I began to worry that I had already done just that. What were the things that I could do to loose my salvation? I didn’t know. Then I got overwhelmed with the vastness of the Bible. How on earth could I read the whole thing before I was condemned to eternal death? Talk about loosing my joy. What a stress.

Then tonight I was reading a teaching on a website called Truth or Tradition (www.truthortradition.com), the author said plainly that you can’t loose your salvation. I began to think about it and I started studying.

Here are my notes:

Aren’t we saved by grace (Ephesians 2:5)? Well what is grace? Grace is when the undeserving receives love, care, compassion, and/or forgiveness from GOD.

And wasn’t JESUS’ sacrifice a free gift from HIS love for us? Does that now mean that I must pay for my acceptance of that free gift? How about I just say, “No.” We do not pay for this salvation. It was by GOD’S mercy that it was given to us.

Titus 3:5 -Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Yes, I know that this is not just a pass to be a horrible person. There is a code of conduct that we should live by. And those things are taught in the Bible. I especially love Colossians 3. Great summery of a walk with GOD.

I will continue to seek GOD’S will through HIS word. I will put away the fear of loosing HIS love for me.

Romans 8:35-39 -Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am safe because, as the author of the article put it, "The Hebrew word for 'salvation' also means a place of safety (yasha)."

Comments

Anonymous said…
BUT...what if you were saved, but a few years down the road you were having sex with someone other than your spouse?

What if you got saved but then you got mixed up in devil worship?

What if you were saved and in a fit of rage, you killed someone?
Micky said…
About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

Popular Posts