Shining Star

Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

When I read this verse last night I was struck by a meaning that I had not seen before. In this crooked and depraved generation we stick out like sore thumbs. We are thought of as maybe weirdoes or goody two shoes, like we are some kind of wussy pushovers.

But to GOD we shine like stars in the universe. Yes, we stand out to HIM. HE thinks that we are beautiful as we obey HIM.

Strive to be a child of the KING and HE will see you as HIS light to this world as well.

Comments

The first half of this verse is one of the verses our family memorized last month. I LOVE IT...do everything without complaining or arguing. Words a mother can definitely agree with.

Great perspective on the verse.
Anonymous said…
Such a good reminder for me...to know who I am in God's eyes and to remember that when I have those times you described in your post.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts