Loads of Prayer

I have been getting prayer requests a lot lately. What to do with them is a hard question for me. They come from all types of people in my life. From close friends to family to mere acquaintances, I have been hearing many a story.

Can I really put an importance level on these requests? Sometimes I feel like I am just to busy to pour over them. Then guilt flows in and I get all confused about how to focus my prayer and is anyone of these people more important than another.

Whenever you are rushed with guilt, confusion and discouragement you have to remember that GOD never sends you those feelings. 1Corinthians 14:33, John 14:1, 2Corinthians 4:8, 9, Romans 8:1. It is a tool used by the enemy to keep you from praying altogether.

You pray as you are led. If you are asked to pray for someone answer with a yes, and lift them up right then and there. Ask them to pray with you. If you feel you need to pray for that person again, do it. If their situation comes to mind and your first thought is that you have somehow failed them by not praying, stop that thought in its tracks and pray for that person right there.

You don't need to always fit them into your specified "prayer time." You just pray when you think about them. It becomes a constant conversation with GOD instead of thinking to yourself. That is one of HIS request to you. To pray continually 1Thessalonians 5:17.

Every time you start to think, "Oh, man I haven't been praying for that person." That could turn into a waist of time and thought, so just make that a productive thought and pray.

Comments

Kellie said…
Thanks Kellie, I often think about that when I feel guilty for not praying or saying only quick prayers when I am asked. I will let the holy spirit guide me in that area.. Ginger

Popular Posts