Morning Prayer #4

Putting on the Helmet of Salvation:

I was getting discouraged my mind kept wandering into these unhealthy areas of thought. Things that when acted upon would be destructive.

Acting upon them could just be dwelling on them and keeping them in the forefront of my mind. Which would keep me from being productive in any healthy thoughts. Having my mind stuck here would keep me from fellowship with GOD, productivity at home, interacting with my family. I would hide away in my thoughts.

Acting on them could also be when I choose to actually do something that I had been thinking about. Eating that donut, saying hateful things to “that” person, drinking that one drink.

I would be afraid of my thoughts. I thought it was my fault that my mind kept coming to them. I would be very ashamed of what would just pop in my head. The guilt was overwhelming. And many times because of the pressure I would just continue to dwell on the thoughts because I didn’t know what else to do.

GOD wants us to understand that it is not the thought that is the sin it is the action from those thoughts that is the sin. Dwelling on them, acting on them is the sin. In my prayer this morning HE highlighted this thought…

I put on the helmet of salvation, refusing to receive thoughts that are contrary to YOUR character. I bring every thought into captivity and obedience to the Lordship of JESUS CHRIST. I want my mind to be stayed upon YOU.

“…refusing to RECEIVE thoughts that are contrary to YOUR character.” HE said that when a thought that is contrary to who HE is comes into my head I am to be able to identify it and throw it out. When a thought comes in that says anything about my character that is contrary (Your worthless, lazy, ditzy, ugly, fat) to what HE has said to me then I am to be able to throw it out.

When a thought about doing something that I know would just be destructive to my relationship with HIM or others comes to mind, I am to be able to throw it out. Just by coming to mind is not the sin it is receiving the thought.

Receiving a thought is making it your own. Remember that satan whispers lies in your ear to try to distract, discourage, steal and destroy. Do not claim those thoughts as your own. Put your thought on the GOD scale and measure it up. Does it encourage or bring joy? Then don’t say that it is your own.

We are in a spiritual battle. You are not alone in your thoughts. Satan is trying to deceive and discourage you. He is feeding you anything he can to get you away from your fellowship with GOD. When those things try to rise up in you, speak the name of CHRIST and read your Bible out loud. You are fighting with GOD’S Word and those trying to discourage you have to flee.

Don’t be discouraged when your mind keeps coming back to ideas or thoughts that you have tried to conquer. Just look to your SAVIOR and HE will rise you up.

Comments

Popular Posts