The curse of the yellow finger

So if you know me very well you would probably agree that I am not the most graceful person you have ever met. I tend to get injuries in the strangest ways. And strange things happen to me.

Like when I was a teen I sneezed and strained my ribcage. It hurt so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. Or my first week at a new job I had never worked with file cabinets before and didn't know what would happen if all the drawers were open at the same time. I figured it out real quick as it was falling on me. My new boss walked in about 30 minutes later to find me on top of the cabinet reaching for a cube of note paper that had fallen down behind and was keeping the cabinet from standing upright. He is such a great boss he let me keep my job.

N-E-Wayz, it has been a while since my last real injuries so it probably was due. On Saturday we wanted to take the kids bowling for the first time just us as a family before hubby went out of town for the week. Before we left I managed to very ungracefully smash my middle finger on the wall. I knew it was sprained and would swell so I got an ice pack and we went to the bowling alley. I didn't want to be left out so I bowled a few frames and then gave the rest to the kids. I think that hurt the finger even more.

When we got home I just wanted it to not bend. Which is a hard thing to do when you use it all the time and it happens to be my right hand. So hubby and I found one of those little wooden spoons that come with an ice cream cup and taped that to my finger. By last night the swelling was so bad it was just as painful as the joint pain. I decided to look up a remedy in my nutrition book.

I found a few and decided on one that looked easy and I had on hand.

Make a past out of Turmeric and water and put it on the affected area. Cover it with gauze.
I did this and guess what happened? This morning I took the gauze off and found a very yellow finger. The swelling was way down and the pain with it. But oh it looked like I had taken a yellow marker and colored my finger. Not to mention it is "That" finger. So today when I have been out I have worn gloves. I hope this wears off soon.

Comments

Popular Posts