A little piece of Heaven

I was just going to post this song but found the devotional with it. So enjoy the word and be encouraged.

I wanted this song to explain something I have been thinking about today. I had posted as my Facebook status a while back some of the lyrics as I remembered them. They are right from scripture. He mentions it in the devotional. "There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears"

My friend asked if I really believed that. That question has had me thinking about my hope for a while.

Sunday we had a guest speaker. He made a great point at the end of his message. "Be a little bit of Heaven here on earth."

So how do these correlate?

I have pain. I have hardships. But I never feel lost. My GOD takes the pain. HE lifts the hardships. I do cry. I do hurt. But I know that HE carries it all. I don't have to live in the pain or dwell in the hardship. Life is short and eternity is forever. These pains and burdens will not be carried with me forever. Just joy.

I can be a little piece of Heaven by not being crushed by the pain. I can live in hope, through the pain. And when others see the joy in me maybe they will be encouraged. My piece of Heaven I want to share is this unmistakable hope.

Comments

J said…
Thank you for sharing this devotional, song and your thoughts. I was moved by this message, as I am going through a tough time right now in my own life and this was a good reminder that I needed to hear! God IS faithful through our trials! Thanks you for you - you always encourage me by your posts.

Popular Posts