The Loaf of Bread

For a few weeks now I have realized that I am depressed. I am functioning on some level, taking care of the kids-ish, cooking-ish, being with my husband-ish, and trying to be a good friend-ish. I say -ish because I do what is necessary yet I don't have my heart in it, and many times I don't even care to be doing any of it.

Once I recognized it I began the process of identifying the core issue. It is a long process sometimes. Other time you can find the problem right away, but fixing that problem may bring more weight. There are times when you see the issue and you are able to get victory from just calling it out.

I am on a journey to right some wrongs in me that are keeping me from victory. During this time I find myself struggling to choose joy. It is so easy for me to live in defeat and pity.

Why is this titled "The Loaf of Bread?"

I have had on my menu for a couple of weeks potato soup and homemade bread. Every time I see the menu and choose that this is the day I will make the bread, I find that I can't face making it. I am defeated by the effort ahead of me to create a good homemade loaf of bread.

One morning last week I looked at the menu and knew that this was the day for the bread. I had had a wonderful morning with my LORD. Singing, praying, praise just flew out of my mouth. I put my hands on the counter and said to my GOD that this was the day, and I was gonna go look for a good recipe.

I sat down at the computer and found that there was a message on my Facebook from a dear friend. I decided to read that message first then look for my recipe. What came next is one of the best gifts my FATHER has ever given me.

My friend told me that her mother was in town and that they had made some homemade bread and there was an extra loaf for me. They wanted to bring it over right away.

Why was this bread so extra special. My friend grew up on a wheat farm. Her mom made this bread from the wheat they grew. I knew this about my friend and every time over the last few weeks that I found myself staring at the counter to make the bread, I would remember my friend and her special bread. Something that she cherished. Something that I had wanted to make for her when she had her baby since I knew her mom was too far away to do it. The idea of this specific loaf of bread made by this dear lady whom I have never meet, was what I longed for.

My GOD said in that moment, "Kellie, you can have your bread and I will go above and beyond your expectation for this bread. I will give you exactly what you long for. And you don't have to do the work either."

My friend and her mother came with the precious loaf. I shared with them how much it meant to me. We stood at the kitchen door and prayed together. I praise my GOD for how HE uses others to minister to us. I praise HIM for allowing beautiful people in my life who obey HIS promptings. What an amazing FATHER we have!

Comments

Popular Posts