The Handkerchief


I love handkies. Ones like these in the picture. I love many things that remind me of the '30's, '40's, and '50's. Especially fabric. I always said that I would have liked to live during those years.

But I really like delicate handkies with embroidery and flowers. I was handed a beautiful one at my DH's grandma's funeral this summer and it was very touching to have it. It spoke a lot of who she was and what she held dear.

recently I received one that is far more precious to me than any I have ever come in contact with. It is not delicate or dainty. It is plain white with a chunky hem all the way around. You can see that it is not special because of it's looks.

It has special meaning to me because of who touched it. No it wasn't the sweat cloth of some great singer. It was touched by a man of GOD. A very humble, servant of the MOST HIGH. It was in his hands when the anointing came over him. It was near him when the angles visited him. He is a major prophet. I know that many do not know or understand prophecy, but believe me it is real and truly from the heart of those who desire to serve GOD with their whole hearts.

And I questioned why an object could hold any of GOD'S great power. But this thing does. I was moving my pillow and didn't remember it was in there and I felt a heat and a tingling in my arm. When I hold it there is a pressure in my elbow like something wanting to get out and minister to someone.

One night my daughter was awakened by a bad cough. It wouldn't stop. We tried medicine and changing position for her to sleep. She was scared and said, "Mommy it wont go away. I can't get enough big sleep." I had tucked the handkerchief in the top of my pants and I started to feel heat there. I lay her down and took the handkerchief and rubbed her head and chest with it as I prayed, "In the name of JESUS give her sleep." It was immediate. She never falls asleep that fast as soon as I stopped praying she was out and the cough didn't come back.

I believe that I could have prayed that prayer without the handkerchief and it would have worked, but for some reason it was burning to touch her. It was actually hot. I had put it in my pants because I have been very sick and my stomach was responding to the warmth of the handkerchief. It settled down enough to let me sleep.

I don't believe that the handkerchief is the power, I believe that GOD placed a special healing power in that handkerchief. This is all new to me being raised mostly Baptist. I know that this could offend many, but I know in my heart that GOD'S power is everywhere and I am just learning how HE wants it used.

Comments

Mindy Richmond said…
That's amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
AMEN!!!

Acts 19 11-12
11God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.
Anonymous said…
Praise GOD! More people need to here of the healing miracles of Jesus Christ.My Pastor recently asked for us to find out what it means to receive a handkerchief from a man of GOD.Maybe you can help?

Popular Posts