Acts 2:4

The filling of the HOLY SPIRIT at Pentecost was the launching pad for the great ministry that follows in the rest of the books of the Bible. This is where it gets really exciting to see GOD work in men (well, and women).

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The SPIRIT told them what to say and they obeyed. Even though they may not have understood. The Bible doesn't say if they knew what they were saying just that they spoke what the SPIRIT led them to.

When the SPIRIT prompts me to do something how many times I try to rationalize away that it just doesn't make sense. I have allowed my flesh to control my common sense. Do I not believe that HE is able to care for me beyond the rational? Sometimes I have even been told to do something that is really extreme and I have been advised, by those I hold dear, not to because of the extremity of it. Other times it is so simple yet will make me look kind of silly so I don't act because of the fear of embarrassment. And still, HE may prompt me to do something and I have no idea how it really relates to the spiritual, so because I am always seeking glory for "obeying GOD" I don't respond. I don't feel that anyone will notice my obedience and that just doesn't make sense. How horrible.

I choose to again listen to my conscience. I know that it is really the HOLY SPIRIT communicating with me and dwelling in me.

LORD,
I want YOU to dwell in me. I want to die to self and put off the old man and put on the new. My old man of pride, selfishness, and approval seeking. I want to humbly be YOUR servant. It is not about me LORD. It is all about YOU. I am YOUR vessel to use as YOU see fit. Glory and honor to YOU, JEHOVAH.
Amen.

Comments

Obedience in ALL things even the ridiculous.
Unknown said…
You are awesome and I hope you know that! I am with you, so with you!

Popular Posts