Acts 2:15-20

15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

This is something I was never taught growing up. I learned about the men and women of the Bible who where called prophets. I read their writings, but I was never taught that prophecy would be active beyond the Bible. I don't feel that I need say anything more the scripture explians it very well.

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

What is the "notable day of the LORD?" I looked it up via yahoo.com and found a couple of sites that state there is a difference between the "Day of the LORD," and the "Day of CHRIST."

The "Day of the LORD" is when GOD'S wrath is poured out. When the elements will be destroyed. The "Day of CHRIST" is HIS second coming. They were pretty convincing with all of their scripture refrences.
Here they are for your refrence:

http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/BibleStudies/Definitions/Def_DayoftheLord.htm

http://battleinchrist.com/understanding_end_time_events.htm

Just take a moment and hear me out. This may be hard for me to communicate via typed word.

I have come to believe that the commenly called "Last Days" started sometime soon after JESUS ascended into heaven. I now have a specific starting time with the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT at Pentecost. Looking all thorough history and comparing it with the "Last Days" definitions given in scripture you can clearly see that persecution and even what some may call tribulation has been present through the ages.

Even before the close of the Bible we see Paul, Peter, Stephen, etc. being persecuted for their faith. Then there is the Spanish Inquisition, the Holocost, Russia until the 80's, and even more to this day. I saw on the news this week two missionaries were being beaten for trying to convert uneducated muslims without their concent. The missionaries were breaking the law by preaching the gospel, because the people have to make a formal written appeal to change religions and the uneducated cannot make this request so they are pretty much forced to continue as a muslim. That is without a choice.

I believe that we are living in the "Last Days" as spoken of in v. 17. Thus we can prophecy. WooHoo!

Wensday night, our church had a praise and prayer concert. Sitting behind my hubby and I was a young mother with a son who was probably about 4 or 5. She was crying through most of the prayer times. At the last song, I was nudged to go give her an encouraging word. I was really uncomfortable and I may have scared her, but I just hugged her tight and spoke in her ear whatever came to mind. I told her that I was just going to let the HOLY SPIRIT lead me to tell her whatever. It was still uncomfortable, but yet exhilerating. I am so glad that we can hear the HOLY SPIRIT and obey. It makes this life so much more fun.

Have a blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts