Acts 2:21

I was sitting at my desk. It was just before we opened for the day. A client came in to meet with my boss. My employee had just sat down at his desk. The radio was tuned to 88.1 The Light. The morning team Mike and Tiana were having fun chatting when one of them said that they just heard that a small aircraft had lost its way in New York City and had struck a building.

That was all they knew at the time but they would keep us posted. Minutes later they came back and told us that it wasn't a small plane but a large passenger jet, and that it had struck one of the World Trade Center Towers. They had moved the T. V. into the studio, and were telling us everything they saw and heard. I moved closer to the radio and started to feel scared. I didn't know why. Then they announced the second plane and that it looked like we were actually under some kind of attack. That was when I decided to interrupt the client and my boss and ask if he could pull it up on his computer. We all watched in horror as the next hour passed.

We started hearing that all government buildings were being closed. I called my dad who works for the state and he said that they wouldn't let anyone in or out. He was locked down in his building which is right behind the capital. Most of the capital area was closed down and many people were sent home.

It was a very emotional day. I was glued to the news broad casts. I was scared for the people trapped and those who had walked away and had nothing to come back to. I hurt with the idea of families who had no warning that morning that there loved ones would not be coming home. I prayed a lot. I cried myself to sleep.

In the middle of the night I woke up and a verse just kept scrolling through my head.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

GOD said that there was someone who had been sitting at their desk and they turned around to see an airplane coming at them and they screamed, "GOD save me!" HE said that he did.

I know that some will not agree with me on this, but just know that my heavenly FATHER knew I needed comfort and HE sent it to me that way. HE promised that HE would save those who call on HIS name. I am not saying that those who used HIS name in vain were saved just those who suddenly knew that HE was all that could save them.

That verse has been my reminder of that day ever since.

Comments

Popular Posts