I want to help

I was thinking this morning about what I want to do with my life. I came to the conclusion that I want to help others. I know that sounds pretty vague so let me explain.

I see a need in people around me. Many are just fine but some have these deep needs. The need to be accepted, to be heard, to be believed, to be believed in, to be loved. There are so many needs around me. I tend to be someone that people with needs just spill their hearts out to. It happens frequently, and the person who could be a complete stranger to me will say, "I have no idea why I am telling you this, I don't even know you."

My heart aches for those in emotional distress. I hear of people living in constant fear. I just want them to feel secure in the arms of the LORD. I hear of those who have had abusive childhoods. I just want them to be free of the memories and scars, I want them to have joy in the LORD and peace that passes understanding. I hear of new moms with scary labor stories. I just want them to be able to drink in the beautiful child with them and forget the pain. The list goes on.

Sometimes I feel like my heart has arms that are just aching to wrap around another hurting heart and bring them the comfort they are so desperatly searching for. So my goal in life is to be a minister to the aching heart. I will believe in you. I will love you with all my heart. I will try to be encouraging. I will pray for you. I will listen and hear you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an awesome ministry God has placed on your heart. God Bless You as HE directs and leads you and brings those into your life to minister to.

Popular Posts