Acts 4:12

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

What beautiful poetry. I think it is more beautiful because of it's meaning. How simple yet how hopeful. Salvation is found only in JESUS CHRIST.

I searched out the word salvation on BibleGateway. Just in the book of Psalms it appears 64 times. Now, I didn't read all of those verses but I just picked up a few of them.

Psalm 13:5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. (that one is an old song we used to sing on Sunday mornings)

What was the Psalmist being saved from? Many times the Salvation spoken of in the Old Testament is of the Israelites being brought out of destruction. Or the Psalmist's own life being spared. But these verses speak to me through the knowledge of JESUS CHRIST and HIS sacrifice on the cross. I believe that the salvation just in these three verses is the salvation of my soul for eternity.

How many more are there? Wow, what a great next step. I want to memorize all 64. Just one a week will be longer than a year. Okay, New Years Resolution. Yes, I know I have over a month before that is necessary, but you can always plan for it right? I will memorize all 64 in the year.

Like the post I did about hope. Well, hope would not be if there were no salvation. So I have hope in salvation. And salvation gives me hope. What a gift they both are.

Comments

Popular Posts