Purses for the Philippines

I met a wonderful lady today. She is from the Philippines and her family were victims of a volcano, earthquake, and a typhoon last year. She showed us some pictures of the devastation. She lives here in the States and wants so badly to help. She brought some bags that had been made by the people of the villages that were affected and hoped we might like to buy them.


The bags are great and I bought this one for $35.

They have a zipper to close and are fully lined and have a small pocket inside. They are hand woven and are very sturdy. She is just starting this and has some of her pictures on http://www.friendster.com/. Type her e-mail in the search sidsgoodnewstoday@yahoo.com and click on SidGraceColby.

I almost bought this green bag it is so cute. This one is $32.


She gave me some prices but I am sure that if you contact her at her e-mail she will get back to you on any bag you like. She also wanted to say that if you see a bag but want to customize it (certain colors, size, etc.) then just contact her. Also if you have a way to spread the word send her a self addressed stamped envelope and she will send you a brochure.


This is another one of my favorites. It is $35.



There are also a lot more bags including a knitted reusable shopping bag, a knap sack, and some cute clutches. These are great looking bags and you can also help a good cause.
I was so excited about my new purse that I bought for $4 at Wal-Mart, but I tell you this is so well worth the cost. I usually would never spend that much on a purse.

Comments

Grover said…
Hi kellie,

Ive seen the way you posted the bags, theyre adorable. thank you so much. My husband send some money to the Philippines for another set of bags to be shipped here asap. Theyre new designs etc.
Also, Kimberly bought a bag and she put an extra 5 dollars in the check that she sent me.. Oh,were so happy about that.
From all of us here.. we would like to send each and everyone our thanks from our heart. God bless..
Grace
Anonymous said…
http://grover-abacabags.blogspot.com/

I created my own account Kellie:) they could see a lot in there specially now that I have some more bags soon.. thank you so much again..
K13 Family Blog said…
I really like this bag!
Christie

Popular Posts