Ducks in a row

As Christians we are constantly on a journey of growth. It says that Philippians 1:6 (NIV) being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. We have been given the illustration of the paths that we walk. You know the narrow and wide paths.

Well, GOD has taken me aside on a path alone to learn. I can see in the distance my friends and hear them on the other path. HE has me taking quite time learning just with HIM. HE is working in me in so many ways. I love that we are so much deeper than being able to just say, "I am struggling with such-and-such." I love that HE deals with the first layer of sin and then goes deeper and pulls out the embedded sins that we may just feel are a part of our personality. Sometimes not even what we would identify as sin.

HE showed me here that I have been doing things backward. HE gave me a cute illustration. Just like a good teacher would HE uses things that I can relate to, and also HE uses things that make me giggle.

When you go into a kindergarten room you don't see black block letters on white paper but you see cute little animals to teach the letters. The Ape the Bee with the fat little butt and tiny cute stinger. Well, HE showed me a row of rubber duckies. On the first and largest was labeled GOD, then me, then GOD'S work. HE said that I have been lugging the third duck around behind me. I am forcing it to stay in it's place. HE said that it should be HIM, HIS work, me.

I have been making work up saying it is HIS. I am supposed to be seeking HIM and HIS work will be a joyous task that I can participate in. HE has a plan. I have to stop messing with it by glorifying myself and displaying my sandwich board that tells everyone all my work.

HE is GOD I am so glad to do HIS work.

Comments

Popular Posts