Process

This is the resounding theme for me right now. I thought that one good nights sleep would put me right back to my ol' self, but yesterday I was still exhausted. I thought that a nap would work but I was so very tired that I was looking forward to putting the kids to bed last night. I woke up this morning with my hubby and usually I jump up and run upstairs to do my devotion time alone, before my hubby comes upstairs. But this morning I helped him get out the door and went back to bed. I slept until I had to get A1 out for school.

I started to feel guilty that I had intentionally skipped my quiet time. My loving FATHER (patted me on the head and) said, "You need recovery. This past weekend was traumatic for your emotions." It really wasn't bad traumatic they were just pushed really far, and they hadn't been exercised like that, and now need a recovery period.

I have to say that after each rest period I have felt a little bit better. That is an encouragement to me, to know that rest in HIM is not instantaneous. I tend to expect results as soon as I act or do the right thing. But damage takes time to heal. You can't expect to create a wound in a relationship, your own heart, your ability to communicate with GOD, and then think that by just apologizing it will immediately heal.

It is a process. You first have to acknowledge your fault. Then you have to apologize to whomever you have hurt, GOD, friend, family member, yourself. Then begin the working on making it right.

When I was a kid my mom kept reminding me that when I said, "I'm Sorry," that meant I would not do it again. How did I know I wasn't going to do it again? Well, it was never a guarantee but it was a renewing of my mind. I began to realize how my action had affected others and I was conscious of how my actions should reflect that I didn't want to hurt anyone any longer.

It is process that refines us. Process is the best teacher of patience. Process is the way that will sharpen a conscious care of the world around you. Process is accepting maturity in a mature way.

Comments

Popular Posts