Attitude Adjustment

I was living so peacefully and comfortably in my walk with GOD. Isn't that the point? To be at peace?

Then some teachings started rocking my world. My peace was shaken. I became frustrated, confused, and irritated.

Frustrated with the new teachings. Frustrated that they were hard, impossable rather, to follow. Frustrated that they had to be addressed. Frustrated that I had learned them.

Confused about everything that I believed. Confused about where to get my answers. confused about wheather or not I should be learning them.

Irritated that I would be called mor of a freak. Irrtated that what I had been and was being taught was different than these teachings.

I began to doubt my faith, the Word of GOD, and wheather I was going to heaven.

But, Praise GOD, HE answered all of these issues. HE is not the author of confusion 1 Corinthians 14:33. Do not worry about anything instead pray about everything Philippians 4:6.

The comfortable place I had been was actually also a pit of sin. The walls of this pit were lined with illusions of beauty. But it was still a pit and I was stuck, even trapped there.

The new teachings had started pulling down the illusions to reveal the ugly hole I was sitting so comfortably in.

Praise GOD for new understanding! My life is changing . I am slowly climbing to the light, to righteousness. I am choosing to strip away all the sin, the tolerance of sin, the acceptance of sin.

I asked HIM to work on me, and HE is. HE is activly in my life moving me, molding me (Canning me). HE is faithful to complete this work. I choose what is right and good to the glory of GOD.

HE confirmed through all of this upset that I was to learn all of these things. HE says they are not impossible to follow. It is a joy to address these issues. I am maturing through confronting of them.

HE says HE has left all of the answered questions in HIS Word. I can and do trust HIS word. HE will reveal it to me. HE askes me to only use the KJV for my memorization and study. Makes sense since my concordance is for the KJV. I am to only look to the word for answers. Yes HE does inspire teachers today of HIS message and they have done a lot of work to search it out, but I am to learn to only count on HIM.

I may be looked at as an extreamist or freak. But I am not to seek glory from man. I am to seek HIS kingdom. My dad said last night that many are living in the wrong kingdom and we are to seek to live in THE KINGDOM. Seeking all that is right and good with GOD'S approval as the most important goal.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is always hard to deal with new teachings and ways of thinking. The whole point or goal of following Christ is to grow! To grow more and more in love with Him. I am proud of you. It shows a lot of maturity to push through the struggle and choose to boldly live for Christ. :)
Unknown said…
OKay I am reading a book I love called Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. I think you would love it.

You are not a freak either!
You are a woman that encourages me soooooo much! I am so blessed to have you!

Popular Posts