Continually learning

One thing I am learning from this blog is how I need to work on my personality. I have flaws that are unacceptable and they cause me to have a hard time being a friend and just in general a good person. I am selfish, rude, and unkind. The blog revealed it by my thinking that I couldn't let certain people see my posts because they would get offended. That stopped me in my tracks. Suddenly, I realized that I am unkind by talking bad about poeple behind their backs. If it cannot be said to the person being referred to then I need to stop and run it through the SIFTER (HOLY SPIRIT).

I have just read most of the way through the book, "In His Steps." I read it when I was in school and loved it. If you haven't read it, it is what they based the WWJD movement on. Go read it. You can pick it up cheap at www.christianbook.com or get it from your church library. But it askes What Would JESUS Do?

I have always wanted to be the person that other people remember for never saying anything bad about anyone. I have a friend like that and I really admire her. It takes a whole lot of self-control and she just has it down. Love you MoHomey. I need to ask WWJD evey time I began to talk about anyone. GOD was showing me about the speck and the plank last week. You know how you point out a speck in someones eye and you can't even see because of the plank in your own. I was so wrapped up in others bad behaviour that I was justifying mine by saying that the "truth" needed to be spoken. Ha! I was blindsided by the plank.

I have noticed that if I focus on the good and great about people the bad doesn't even matter. And who am I to say what is bad.

I need to apologize to all who have read this blog. I am a hard person and very unloving. I have not been a pure joy or the light that I should be. GOD deserves better from me and my attitude needs to change.

Comments

I hear ya. Sometimes I think...it would be nice to just vent under an anonymous name on an unknown blog but then it is like WHY? If I can not say it on my blog it should not be said. It would either be gossip, slander or sin...seeking to be validated. So it doesn't get said...because it doesn't need to be said. Instead it goes to the prayer closet.

I love how much you have grown...keep your eyes on him.
yung_mom said…
Ever since I met you I have admired you. Your a great mother, wife and friend. You befriended me probebly because we do think alot a like. I know that there are alot of times that I say things that don't need to be said. I kick my self for it later but life is full of mistakes and as long as we learn from then thats when we can be a better person. Every one was born into sin and I do not believe that there is one human person out there who is perfect. Even Jesus made mistakes. Don't be so hard on your self sweetie, your just learning : )

Popular Posts