GOD said, "Don't"

Two days in a row the temptation of this sin I am addicted to has tried to overwhelm me. It strikes from all angles. It is sneaky. Sometimes I don't even see it coming and suddenly I find myself in the middle of it. Praise GOD when I am just about to act on the temptation I hear A command.

"Don't do it just stop right there. Don't go any farther."

Then I try to justify the action. "It wont lead to anything it is harmless."

HE says, "You know if you step that direction you will not be able to stop and it will lead to this sin."

I said it has tried to overwhelm me. It has been almost too much for me, but I have heard my GOD and HE gave me Philippians 4:13 both days. Suddenly, I felt release.

I had been crippled. My thoughts were consumed I didn't want anything except to fulfill this desire (sin). I knew to act would be sin for me and that it was against GOD'S desire for me as well. The temptation was so powerful that those thoughts were minor and almost powerless.

Then, praise HIM, He said, "Don't." That's all HE didn't do anything physical to stop me. HE just said, "Don't." I still could have chosen to ignore that thought, but I chose to hear it for a second. Then HE took over. HE sent me the ability to resist the temptation. Praise YOU LORD!

I know this is not over. Like I said it has been two days in a row. But I believe that I can overcome this if I persevere.

Comments

Popular Posts