I am not the chatty type. It takes me a bit to get going sometimes in a conversation. I do talk and sometimes a little too much. I have some trouble sitting down and blogging about current events in my life. So as much as I think that this is the approprate venu for me to tell about the wedding this weekend and how cute the kids were in it, the amazing reception at the Amway Grand Hotel, the beautiful rooms paid for by my dear Father-in-law, and my roof work and how things are going at my moms, I don't really know how and I don't know where to start.

I do know that some great things are happening in my life. I have amazing friends and family. One beautiful lady hears me when I talk and she said some very wise things to me tonight. I am in the middle of a funk. She said that reading my blog she sees that I am very down on myself. I just went through some of my old posts and I see what she means. Who would want to visit a blog that is so depressing. This goes along with the things I am dealing with right now. I feel very insecure about who I am.

She helped me get perspective. I have people surrounding me and encouraging me and I am just now putting it all together. One other dear friend taught me just by his way of life that ones attitude is a choice and that that person can choose to be happy or let circumstances get the better of them.

Between the two of them they helped me come to the conclusion that I am to choose to be confident in my abilities and not look for affirmation from the one person that I am desperatly trying to be affirmed by. I am to be productive for myself and not try to impress others by my abilities or accomplishments.

I know that I am able. I know that I have worth. I will choose to live that way. To live knowing that I am a vital person to my sphere of influance.

Thank you dear. And thank you to the others who have consistantly been there telling me that I am doing good in my life.

I go forth to battle the negative attitudes that are trying to steal my joy. Hey, I am joy-filled.

Comments

yung_mom said…
I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing so well! Love you sweetie. Keep in touch : )

Popular Posts