Acts 1:1-3

I started reading and I got stuck.

Acts 1:2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. -NIV

What did it mean for JESUS to give instructions through the HOLY SPIRIT. If HE was with them at the time didn't HE just give them the instructions HIMSELF? Thus, the confusion. Like so many times before I grabbed my concordence and KJV and Greek dictionary. First, I read the verse in the KJV.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: -KJV

Well, needless to say it makes sense now. It says that after HE was taken up he sent instructions through the HOLY SPIRIT.

I love that HE showed HIMSELF alive by infallible proofs v.3. HE was intent on proving the ressurection. It was and is important. JESUS is alive. Physically alive! That is something we can look foward to ourselves. We will not be spirits floating around we will be physical people. With bodies and organs and stuff like that. I am glad cause I am kind of used to being this way. JK. I just think it means more to me that I will have a body. It makes being in Heaven more tangable to me.

Comments

Popular Posts