Handkerchief revisited

Last night I was confronted about the hankie. I failed to be able to explain what it meant to have the hankie. After the conversation I was able to think it through and, if I could have, this would have been my explanation.

1. Why do you think that a piece of cloth has power?

2. It sounds like you are worshipping this thing. Is that true?

3. Do you think that you have to have it so that others can be healed?
1.
I believe that the hankie holds GOD'S power. I believe that, based on the scripture that Momteacherfriend commented on in my last post about the hankie. http://kelliesoper.blogspot.com/2006/12/handkerchief.html

Acts 19:11-12 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

I cannot believe that at the close of the book of Revelation GOD just took all of HIS power back to HIMSELF leaving us powerless hear on earth. Peter, Paul, Philip, these men were able through the HOLY SPIRIT to use GOD'S power to heal and cast out demons and so much more.
We have been taught to wait on the LORD. We pray our requests, and if it is HIS will we will be granted our prayer. I heard a statement recently, "GOD is not a genie that grants wishes."
I used to live worrying that what I was asking for was not HIS will. Then I would keep praying for this thing I felt I needed and if it didn't happen then I would get discouraged. I am talking about praying for someone who was depressed, or for healing for someone or myself, or for financial freedom(*). I did not know that scriptures like

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Mark 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

were meant for me. I thought they were only for those in the Bible.

If it is true that we have no authority to use GOD'S power, then spiritual gifts are null and void. Evangelism is futile. We should just start living our lives praying that GOD will do HIS will in someones life and we will wait for them to get saved on their own. Do you see that this idea is destroying the last words JESUS said to HIS disciples?

Mark16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

So, yes, I believe that the hankie holds GOD'S Power. I believe that Prophet Deckard is a man of GOD and a true prophet. He has stood up to the test in 1 John 4.

1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Prophet Deckard is a messianic Jew and he professes with his mouth that JESUS is the CHRIST. I believe that like Paul's garments the hankie was in the anointing and now carries some of that power with it. One of Prophet Deckard's spiritual gifts is the gift of healing, and that is what this hankie has done. (See post The Handkerchief.)

I believe that we as believers have GOD'S power at our disposal to use as HE directs us. We have the authority to use our spiritual gifts in ways that honor HIM. We should not sit back and wait for GOD to do it HE wants us to prove to the world that we are a part of HIS kingdom. We can't really do very much if we are powerless.

2.
I am not worshipping the hankie. I worship the GOD who has made it so exciting by using unusual things to do HIS work.

3.
The hankie is a tool. I know for a fact that GOD can use any means to heal the sick. I do not need the hankie to heal others. I was healed while having a conversation with GOD. There was no one there to lay hands on me. No one to pray for me for healing. Just me and GOD having a FATHER daughter chat. I know people who just ask for prayer from friends and family who have been healed. I know those who have had hands laid on them and later found out they were healed. I know those who have gone specifically up to a "Healer" and the "Healer" touched them and they were healed. GOD uses all kinds of tools to do HIS work. The hankie is just a tool. It does hold HIS power and it can be used in prayer to supernatural things. As long as it is of GOD.
*Financial freedom - is not getting rich just free from worrying about how to make ends meet. GOD give peace that passes understanding. I was praying for that peace in my financial issues.

Comments

Popular Posts