It's just our "thing"

You know how loved ones have a thing that is their thing? Like my kids and I have "Ching." Every time I put them to bed we sign and say "I love you." Then as we point to each other we touch the tips of our fingers together and say "Ching."

Well GOD and I have a thing and it is geese. Many times when I am feeling down HE will send geese overhead to honk and brighten my day. Last night however I was feeling just fine but at 10:30 in the dark I heard a familiar sound. A group of geese were flying over the house. GOD then said. "Hey, its ME I am here and I want to spend time with you so I am sending you a reminder of how much I care for you." Wow! HE wants to spend time with me. I don't have to fight to get HIS time or attention. I have done that all my life. It is part of the second child mentality. I am always trying to get someone to pay attention to me. I know it is a bad trait and I am working on it but last night HE said HE wanted to talk to me. I was so joy filled I can't express it in words.

One other thing I thought of tonight, when I was talking to my hubby about this, GOD reminded me of what my pet name was for my hubby when we were first together. When I met him it was the middle of winter and we worked at a grocery store. He would go out on the "lot" and do snow removal. He wore this bright orange hunter's hat with flaps and bunny fuzz, and this really puffy green winter coat. It was a triple goose. So I started calling him my goose.

LORD you are awesome and huge. Thank YOU for geese. Especially my silly goose.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an awesome testimony of God's love for us. He knows our every need. I think it is so neat how "personal" our God is and how He speaks to each of us. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts