Jeremiah

On Sunday my pastor spoke about obeying GOD. He used Jeremiah as his example. I was touched by two things.

How often there are examples in the Word that show how people obey GOD and then are punished for it. The story of Jeremiah goes on to a bit of a different view that we don't see as often. He obeyed GOD and the people punished him. He continued to obey even though they kept rejecting his message. When the punishment came from GOD for the people who didn't listen to the message of the prophet, the prophet was taken captive and suffered the punishment with the hardhearted people.

Wow! You can obey and still suffer not only at the hands of those who despise you (as JESUS said) but also from acts of nature or things beyond your control. Does that sound harsh? Probably. But remember our hope is in the LORD. Not in this life. What did I say hope was? It is the promise of the eternity with GOD. Life itself has no hope. Living hear has moments of joy and even lifetimes of joy, but when it is over what do you have. I have the hope of eternity.

The other thing that got me was how each of us have a place here in this life. We are to be used by GOD in the way HE intends us to be used. The worst thing we can do is judge someone for their place. Not one of us is better or worse then the next person. We are not on levels of understanding. I don't look up to my friends and think, "Oh, someday I will be in that place with them." No, I am where I am right now and I am to be used here. GOD will send me to my next office as HE so needs. They are where they are to be used there.

All we can do is encourage each other, pray continually, and spread love all around.

Hear the message at www.trinitywired.com

Comments

Popular Posts