Blessings

I am sitting here on a late summer evening listening to the fireworks at the stadium. I love being able to leave the windows open all night and get all the fresh air.

I have been thinking about something on and off. I have always been told about the principle of giving. What you give to GOD HE will return. Some even say that HE gives back more than you gave. I had always thought of it in a monetary sense, but HE keeps giving me examples to show me that I can never put HIM in a box. HE is never able to be limited to our understanding.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. -Isaiah 55:8

I love how GOD always reaches us at our understanding. HE helped me learn this principle in a really real way.

DH has been working with our church's car ministry. They take in donated cars fix them up and give them to someone who needs it. They also help those who can't afford it, to fix their cars. After a few months we started to be blessed with vehicles. My FIL sold us a car that was in really good condition and then gave us most of the money, we paid, back. My DH's uncle had a suburban and is unable to drive anymore so he gave it to us. It is a beautiful vehicle.

We gave to the car ministry and now we were the owners of 4 fully paid off vehicles. Until yesterday, we sold our van. WooHoo. A full sized conversion van. Most people are looking for better mileage cars, but GOD wanted us to sell it so HE generated a lot of interest and got it sold in about two weeks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. It's been a busy summer with a newborn so I haven't had the chance to keep up on everything. Thanks for sharing :)

Popular Posts