Little Kitty

A couple of months ago we were driving to my dads house. It was about an hour drive and on a very long stretch of two lane highway my DH suddenly turned the car around and stopped in the road. He jumped out and came back with a tiny kitty. We continued the day with family all the while my DH and sisters were caring for the poor little cat.

When we got home that afternoon he took the kitty into the local animal hospital and found out that there was so much wrong that they just needed to put the kitty down. We paid the fee and left the doctors to do their job. My DH was so disappointed. He began to say things like, "Should of just left it on the highway."

I felt so bad for him. He went out of his way to help an innocent and was not able to save it.

GOD reminded me of this today. HE says that so often in my life there will be opportunities to do what I can to help HIM save someone who is hurt or lost. And even if I can see that it is a situation beyond saving HE wants my obedient heart to step up and do it. HE also does not want me to be discouraged when it turns out as bad as I thought. It is not the point to make things right it is the act of doing HIS will and HE will make it work to HIS glory.

Like it says in HIS word. HIS ways are not my ways and HIS thoughts are not my thoughts. HE always has a plan and so often I think I know why HE has me do something and it turns out not to be that way at all. On Sunday there was a great verse

Jeremiah 33:2-3 (The Message)
2-3"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

LORD, I love how YOU work. I love that YOU let me work for YOU. Thank YOU for being bigger than I can know. Thank YOU for revealing things to me that I could never figure out on my own. I love YOU LORD.

Comments

That is much of what He reminded me last night. It is not as much the result or response as it is the obedience.

Popular Posts