Sock Monster

I have been battling my homemaking skills and find that the sock monster is the newest edition to the enemies ammunition. I feel good about getting the laundry done and then I find that I have one extra sock from each of the family members. Of course I now have a pile of one sockers on my dryer to wait for their mate to magically appear the next time I do laundry. Read this cute article for some handy tips to use those lone sockies.

http://countrylife.lehmans.com/2008/07/25/sock-monster/

Comments

Vanessa said…
my hubby gets panicked whenever I am missing any of our socks at home. In his many years of bachelorhood before our marriage, he claims he never lost one. And it happens all the time for me... I had accepted it. But since he freaks out now, I try every now and then to match the socks BEFORE I wash (which hasn't happened for awhile). He's pretty good about pre-mating his socks and I just leave them that way in the wash so I don't have to worry about it!
Anonymous said…
Hey,

I put saftey pins in one of the matched socks before they wear them. Then I taught my husband and kids to pin them together after they take them off. So now they go in the wash pined together and there is never any sorting unless of coarse they forget to pin them together. :)

C

Popular Posts