Be salt

I have heard that term a whole lot throughout my life and just tucked it away as not to important. Just something good to live by. That my actions are to reflect CHRIST. Yep, that is how I am supposed to be.

The other day I was reading a little book that my grandmother had had in her library. It is called, "Three to Win" by James E. Adams. Here are some excerpts from a section called Worth your salt.

"JESUS said: 'Ye are the salt of the earth' (Matthew 5:13).

"Salt creates thirst.

"Salt melts ice. The hearts of many are cold and hard, either from sin or from the vicissitudes of life. Love, mercy, and compassion can melt the coldest and hardest.

"Salt flavors. Even cakes and pies taste flat if no salt is added.

"Included in a Roman soldier's pay was an amount to buy his own salt. From this custom came the expression 'He's worth his salt.' In fact, the word salary is derived from the Latin term for salt. GOD grant that in eternity we will receive pay - or rather, reward - for the effect we have had on the hearts and lives of others."

I thought what a good thing to meditate on for a while. How am I fully being salt.

Do others see my life and does it generate in them a thirst for a relationship with CHRIST?

Does my love and compassion for those around me melt away their perception of GOD?

Do I convey that my relationship with HIM is anything but boring?

Will I be worthy of reward in Heaven?

Comments

Popular Posts