The Looooooooong Weekend UPDATED w/ Pics

I hope you all had a great holiday. We have been so busy. DD1 starts school tomorrow. We went to my FIL's on Saturday and picked pears. We canned them Sunday. I bought peaches from Save-A-Lot and canned them yesterday. DD1's B-day was Friday and we weren't able to celebrate it until last night.

I also found a stray Jack Russell at the store Saturday night and brought him home until we found the owners yesterday. They were so excited. But we had him long enough for DH to start to get attached. So he is a little sad. We had my SIL come in from Boston on Friday and we picked her up from the airport after I worked on Friday. Then we went out to dinner with her and the restaurant staff sang for DD1 and gave her a huge piece of cake and ice cream. So let me see if I can get this straight.



Friday I worked and picked up SIL and dinner.
Saturday we picked Pears after running errands, canned some, bought peaches, took care of little dog.
Sunday skipped church, canned more pears, B-day party at my moms, canned more pears.
Monday canned peaches, prepared B-day for DD1, found dog owners, bought more peaches, played with kids ('cause sometimes you just have to put all the stuff on hold and read books and play in the pool),


had party with pizza (no cooking yes!), finished peaches. After all the work yesterday I was only able to get one batch of peaches done.

I am so glad we had that holiday it was so productive. And I am really glad it is over. Now I have to finish the peaches and pears. I want to make some jams and freeze some peaches for smoothies. I also got some apples from my FIL's that taste like cider and we are going to try to make our own.



I love this time of year. I just have to remember that I am being productive and not dwell on the piles of laundry or the lack of baths for the kids.

Comments

Popular Posts