Bible study for the kids

I desire to have my kids really know the Word of GOD. That is one great thing about my school experience. We memorized scripture throughout the school year. Last year Momteacherfriend sent me an alphabet of scriptures. I put them in my scrap booking program and we started memorizing the letter A verse. I never went any farther than that. They have it memorized, but I have wanted to have a Bible study with them. So GOD helped me yesterday to put one together.



I showed them the verse from the fridge and we quoted it together. Then I asked them what it meant. DD1 said it tells us to do nice things. Good answer. So I continued by telling them that the whole Bible is for us to get to know GOD better. It tells us about HIM and tells us how to live like HIM. So each verse has a special meaning.






GOD started this one by telling us to do something. HE said to keep HIS commandments. That means to obey HIS rules. When it says and live GOD said that means to obey every day we are alive. The apple of thine eye? I looked at them kinda silly and said, "Like that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard." Got a little laughter. Apple of thine eye is something to explain how special GOD'S laws are. If you were to touch your eye it wouldn't feel to good, right? Nods. So your eyes are special to you. So we think of GOD'S laws are as special as our eyes.

Next time we will start to learn the 10 commandments. We will memorize them and then do a study of them. I am so excited to start teaching my kids this. WooHoo!

Comments

Popular Posts