Morning Prayer #2

My time lately has been spent in the unwritten part of The Morning Prayer. Praying for my family, repenting of sin, and lifting up dear friends and family who are in need. I haven't had much to report concerning the actual written prayer that I go through each day.

Today however when I got to the Enemy Number 1: The Flesh I stumbled and skimmed through it until GOD slapped the back of my head like Gibbs does to Tony and pulled me back to Nurse My Hurts.

HE wanted to have me dwell on this for more of a praise than a preventative today. I started by praising HIM for a debilitating pain that started Saturday morning, but praise HIM it was fixed up right away and I was able to continue in the work HE had for me that day.

If I had just sat there moaning about that pain instead of letting HIM lead me on how to take care of it so that I could keep on keeping on. I would have had such a destructive effect on the work we were doing that day.

It turns out that this is a lesson on preventative prayer. I learned from my, almost, failure on Saturday, and today that part of the prayer means so much more. I am grateful to HIM for HIS faithfulness in continuing to give me the physical abilities to do the tasks HE sets before me. If I were to wallow in my supposed misery then I would be spitting HIM in the face. Saying HE is not able to take care of me.

I will then take that today. Remembering that hurts both physical and emotional have no bearing on whether or not I am able to accomplish what HE wants done. HE will never give me anything that I cannot handle without HIM. HE strengthens me when I am weak or tired. HE gives me rest and peace when I could be stressed and overwhelmed. HE really is all I need. Thank YOU LORD for being the I AM. The one and only.

Comments

Popular Posts