The Morning Prayer Day 1

Today as I went through the prayer GOD had me really settle on Yielding my Rights to Success in Ministry (#13). HE was asking me what I thought success was in ministry. I began to label that the ministry would be noticed, talked about, well thought of by others, and that the leaders would be well liked and looked up to.
Wow! Where is my mind lately. Even reading my response just shows how shallow and self focused I am (again!). A successful ministry is not any of those things. It was like GOD had to hit the reset button on my CPU.
RESTART!
What is ministry? The one and only response is that it is For GOD and HIM alone! It is a tool HE uses to continue HIS plan on earth. We are to be open to whatever HE needs the ministry to be. There is never an expectation of what it will look like in the future. You may have a dream of what you want it to do, but it is HIS design and plan for you that you have to be open to.
Do not get discouraged if it is going a different way than you wanted it to. For every moment you are doing a service for HIM you are learning and growing, someone else is being touched by HIS love, and HE is putting into motion plans that you can't see right now.
Step away from your expectations and jump in on the exciting ride HE has planned for that ministry.

Comments

Popular Posts