Morning Prayer #3

I had always thought it was a bit silly during the part were you yield your body. The prayer lists out different parts of your body. I understood hands-what I busy myself with today; feet-where I go; eyes-what I allow into my mind; ears- what I listen to; mouth-what I speak. But Nose, really? My nose. What could that relate to. What I smell? Sheesh.
Well GOD has a purpose for everything. All of my life the size and shape of my nose has been troublesome. I was teased endlessly as a child by adults and kids about my nose. I was even given the nickname of Beaker in High School.
In trying to fit in I always think of my nose first. Will this group of people that I am meeting with take me seriously or will they just be distracted by the ogre living on my face.
So guess what? I am to yield, EVERY DAY, my body to GOD. Including...wait for it...MY NOSE. May I say again, SHEESH! How I never saw that before, I don't know.
My nose represents my vanity, my insecurity, and in many cases my worth. It should never have grown (lol) to that level, but it has.
LORD, thank YOU for revelation. Revelation that heals. I today surrender to you my sense of worth based on physical fleshly attributes. YOU made me and YOU have a purpose for the way I look. Thank YOU.

Comments

Popular Posts