The Morning Prayer

Every day I enjoy going through this prayer. I have mentioned it before and I have linked to it on my side bar. It was put together by Tom Harmon. He is a speaker that I heard at summer camp (Camp Barakel http://www.campbarakel.org/c2.asp) when I was in school. He still speaks at the same camp and I am excited to be able to send my own kids there.

The morning prayer is fully based on scripture and there are notations along with each statement in the prayer. The opening line is a great foundation for the whole prayer.


Gracious Heavenly Father, I love you and want to live my life for you this day. Please allow me to pray in the Spirit because you know what I will face today and where to emphasize my prayers. (Ephesians 6:18)
It is so right about emphasizing my prayers. I am always amazed at what GOD has me really dwell on when I am praying that day. Then even more so when I see how the day plays out.
It seems that GOD always has me deep in thought as I pray to die to self. That one never lets up. You have to see where you failed the day before and ask for forgiveness for that. Then learn from it.
You pour into this part where you "Put off the old man and take up the new." What a refreshing way to start your day. A quote I love from Lucy M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series, states, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."
I want to start sharing with you all how GOD is using this prayer for me (hopefully every day).

Comments

Popular Posts