Friends are such a blessing

Monday, Memorial Day, we had a lot planned. We were going to plant our garden and some friends were going to bring some veggi's they wanted planted. We had hoped to get all of our stuff in the ground and then just do theirs when they got here. Well it was really hot. (I guess that is relative. Right Amanda?) So hubby and I stayed indoors and cleaned house. We did pretty good.

Then some other good friends stopped by and decided to stay and help. The first couple came and their son played with Sarah's son. Sarah's daughter and my daughter played together. One more parent stayed up on the deck with the little ones.

I have never had so much fun planting. And I love planting. I love the feel of the cool dirt between my toes. Not so keen on the dirt under my fingernails, but that is not to bad. I just ignore that. We had so much fun. You can see a couple of pic's on Sarah's (momteacherfriend) page. One has both of our daughters holding hands. So sweet.

We all got dirty even her husband who was wearing his work uniform. It was pretty much spotless when they first got to our house.

I was just so grateful that GOD had sent these wonderful people into our lives. When they all went home my husband and I sat on the deck reflecting. We talked about how we have always wanted to have friends that we could share our time with. People who didn't feel obligated to spend time with us. Also people with moral compasses that keep them on a path leading to GOD. For so many years we have been floundering on our own it seems. We tend to make friends with people who are much older then we are and then we don't have anyone to relate to.

Sarah, thank you for pursuing a relationship with us. Sometimes that means more than anything else. We love you guys.

Comments

We love you! I had a blast planting the garden. We worked awesome together as a team. I was amazed we got it all done. I should go post the picture...or send it to you so you can put it in theis post.
So glad your our friends!
Anonymous said…
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Popular Posts