John 15:1-2

As you may know I am doing an online study of the book of John. Today we read chapter 15. I found that that chapter says so much I wanted to pick it apart. You may do this with me if you like.

John 15

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful.

I have heard Joyce Meyer speak about being pruned. She is so funny. She says, "Pruned if you do, Pruned if you don't."

Pruning is not comfortable. But are our lives supposed to be focused on doing things that are comfortable? Absolutely not! Corrie Ten Boom had everthing cut off from her. She was living a simple life of family friends and serving GOD in her community. When her world was taken from her. She was the picture of uncomfortable. Consentration camps, jail cells, cold, hungry, wet, and with lice. That was not how she imagined her life would be. GOD was not always interested in her comfort but HIS glory. She was greatly used. She is one of the first people on my list when I get to heaven. You should read her book The Hidding Place.

GOD has taught me that the meaning of life is not living at all, but Eternity. Yes, we have to live life and it is here and now, but we do not live for the here and now we have to live for eternity.

We need to bear fruit. The fruit of the Spirit Galations 5:22. GOD will be with us all the way HE wants to see the fruit we bear.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow. You are such a teacher! I hope you know that. I like what you said about living. We are living for eternity and sometimes when we get caught up in our problems, we forget that. So easy to do. You bless me.

Popular Posts