John 15:7-8

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

I had always read that it was to GOD'S glory that we get whatever we ask for. But actually Verse 7 is one complete thought and verse 8 is another thought. They are both great thoughts, however.

Verse 7 is telling us to obey and what we ask for we will receive. Have you ever done something and heard the HOLY SPIRIT saying, "If you don't stop that I can't bless you." Again like a parent.

Verse 8 talkes about bearing fruit by refering back to verse 5. By bearing fruit we glorify GOD.

LORD, I desire to bear the fruit of the SPIRIT. I desire to glorify YOU. Please reveal to me in each situation how I can glorify YOU.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes! The glory is in the FRUIT!
Praise God for His wisdom and understanding..Amen sister! :)
Anonymous said…
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Popular Posts