Scary is everywhere

On my drive home today I saw a billboard in two separate places. It was for a local store that goes all out for Halloween. In my opinion it was scary. I had the kids in the car and I didn't want them exposed to something that scary but I couldn't help if they saw it. It was on a huge billboard. So I called the store and complained.

That is not like me. Usually, I just complain and hope that somehow they know that it is not acceptable. But how will anyone know if you don't tell them. How do the parents who don't like your kid reading their Bible in school get their objections heard. They call someone. I have been silent too long allowing things that bother me to pass through and not do anything.

So I called and was handled rudely. So I called as many people that I know and asked them to view the billboard and choose for themselves if it is appropriate to be displayed 24-7 where we can't shield our kids. I can keep my kids from watching bad stuff on TV, I can not take them into the isles in the stores that have Halloween decor, and I can not go to the Halloween stores. I cannot keep them from seeing this unless I stand up for my beliefs.

I may be tossed aside, but I have done my part.

I say to you stand up for your beliefs. If something about this coming season bothers you but you just think, "Oh, well it will pass soon and it is only part of the holiday." Don't accept that. That is satan trying to deaden your senses to the evil surrounding us. If we just let it pass then we have allowed him to get one step further and he doesn't deserve it.

Got a little preachy, sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts