What is fasting to you?

I have noticed in the past that GOD always has themes for me. I will go through a period of time when one topic is taught from many different sources. At church, Bible study, in my own reading, and maybe even if I sit down to watch Christian TV for a bit. The same thing is being taught.

Right now it is fasting. I have never been taught about fasting. Not the specifics. I had just been told that we need to fast.

So is fasting just something Christians do because they are Christians? Or is there some significant meaning to it. Is it just a ritual? Or is it real?

As a Christian I know that there are rituals and then there is the truth. I am finding many things that I do because, "Other Christians are doing it." GOD is beginning to strip away the Christian face and show me the bare truth of a personal relationship.

I have to say that the HOLY SPIRIT chose fasting for me. Just like HE chose that I would not drink alcohol. That is a personal decision that HE requested of me and I obeyed. I do not tell anyone that they can't drink. I just know that it is wrong for me. Now I know, that it is because I have real issues with it. One little sip of wine can make me really woozey. I guess I can't "Hold my liquor."

I think that if you are to push yourself to do anything that you are taught before your heart is ready that it becomes just for show and you will not gain the reward from GOD. I am learning about fasting because now is the time in my life that GOD knows I need it. It has been a journey. Not always hard but not always great, either.

Do not fast if you are not ready. But if it is a nagging thought in your heart you may just find that that is the HOLY SPIRIT telling you you need to be ready and right now. So if fasting is on your mind go search it out in Scripture. Also pray, pray, pray. The HOLY SPIRIT is waiting for you to respond just like Samuel did that night he heard his name being called. Don't worry if you are doing other studies. If it is bothering you stop the other studies for a bit and search for the answers you need. The other issues will be there when you get back. Besides you will be better able to study when you are fasting.

Comments

yung_mom said…
After seeing this I am glad to know that it has been replaced : ) The kids are growing more and more beautiful!

Popular Posts