Great Summer Fresh Foods

I have had a wonderful summer so far. GOD has blessed us with great fresh farm produce. I went strawberry picking 3 times. My black raspberries were huge. I just found a blackberry bush in the neighborhood next to us that has huge juicy berries. I am looking forward to peaches and blueberries, and apples. Also I am hoping that my tomatoes and peppers do well. I keep forgetting about the squash that we planted and I am hoping that it does well. I want to can that this year as well.

A friend showed me a great website to find u-pick farms. It is www.localharvest.org. Also if you want to learn some more about gardening and canning MSU's student organic farm has a great website and a schedule of classes that are only $15 per class. http://www.msuorganicfarm.com/ Check it out and look around you may find something you are interested in.

Comments

Popular Posts