A season of blessing

Sometimes GOD just gets my attention and asks me to "Count my blessings." Then HE proceeds to send more just for my joy.

Last week HE asked me to look at my laundry room. Then HE reminded me of a report I had seen on the news a few weeks ago about a river in India that is so polluted and the people use it for everything from bathing to laundry to drinking water. It was disgusting.



HE had me look at my laundry room.


It is small and actually was just an afterthought in the design. It is the bathroom and utility area all together. I barely have room to get a laundry basket into it.

But HE had me see it as beautiful. Even the duct work and haphazard light fixture were beautiful to me. I don't have to carry my basket of laundry to a river near my home. It is right in the heart of my own house. I don't have dirty water to use. Mine pumps up out of the ground and dose all the scrubbing for me. I just move the wet and the dry to its next destination.

That was the start of a whole lot of blessings to note. I had a wonderful time picking strawberries with friends and family. DD2 started doing some things she had yet to accomplish. My mother gave me a beautiful skirt that I had wanted but just couldn't afford. Another friend had stopped at a roadside stand and found rhubarb and called to see if I wanted any. Even though these may seem small to you. Just like the rain it comes down as one drip, but you will be covered in it if you stay out in it too long.

I began to just feel like a child in the presence of a proud parent. I loved it and I still do. HE told me that HE is glad to be my FATHER. I am so glad that even though I fail so often HE still loves me. Enough to send the smallest of blessings.

Thank you Dear LORD.

Comments

Beautiful post.
Interesting thing is our laundry room is our project for the day. Thanks for helping me to see the blessing in it.
Thanks for blessing our family yesterday! We had a great time.

Popular Posts