Anniversary

Anniversaries can be celebrated for many reasons. I was going about my business today and realized that this day is an anniversary of an event in my life that I should never forget.

Saturday April 22, 1995:

I was 15 years old. I had been struggling with Fibromyalgia for 2 years. An awkward teen wanting desperately to fit in and having to use a cane and many times a sling. The other kids in school were assigned times to help me write because I didn't have the strength for a whole day of writing. My hands would swell and burn. I was in pain most of the time.

I also had a hard time telling my muscles to do things like step up. I would trip over throw rugs because the slightest change for the muscle was confusing and they refused to comply.

I think the frustration was worse than the pain. Frustrated that I couldn't possibly be "Kewl" this way, frustrated that I fell so often, and frustrated that I couldn't do the simplest things.

I went to a youth conference in Kentucky called Ichthus. We were to sleep on the floor of a church and go to the concerts each day. I was enjoying everything. I love learning from new experiences, meeting new people, and I absolutely love music.

GOD walked beside me the whole weekend. I think I loved that the most. I just lived in conversation with HIM. Friday I had a really bad asthma attack and had to go to the First Aid tent. The nurse there happened to have her nubulizer with her which probably saved my life.

All week leading up to the conference GOD kept telling me that I had to get to Saturday. I didn't know why but I was excited to find out. I was soaking in everything on Saturday. Wondering if that was the breakthrough HE was talking about. It was a glorious day.

In the afternoon I left my group to go back to the van for some food and when I came back to the crowd I wasn't allowed to rejoin my group. They were going to start communion and they made me sit at the back of the 17,000 people there. I sat on the edge of the road and started to pray.

Like most times when I would take communion I started with, "LORD, forgive me for being rude to my brother, and I am sorry for making my mom mad...." At some point GOD interrupted me, "Kellie" when HE says my name I know I am in for some real deep conversation.

I stopped mid sentence, and just lifted my spirit to meet HIM right there on the road. HE started asking questions about where I felt our relationship was. How did I feel about it? I told HIM how exciting it was to be able to really live I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. HE asked me if there was anything that I needed to apologize to HIM for. Anything that was a direct offence to HIM? I replied with my doe eyes, "Why, no, LORD. We're good."

This is where I can't quite tell you the sequence of events of the conversation. GOD and I communicate in 3D. HE will send me a whole concept in one moment. Half a breath and I have full understanding of what HE is trying to teach me.

HE asked me what I was holding in my hand? The bread and the juice. What was it for? To remind me to ask for forgiveness. HE lovingly corrected me. It is to remind you of what was sacrificed for you on the cross. HIS body was broken. By HIS stripes you are healed.

HE changed the subject. "How's your pain today?"

"Well my feet are all swollen and burning like a bunch of fire ants just attacked me but my hands are okay."

"What are you doing with this, fibromyalgia?" HE asked.

I had never really put the two together before, my fibro and my spiritual life. I just managed the physical with medicine and doctors and then GOD and I had been developing a great relationship. But in that moment HE brought them together. Being a very Peter person I blurted out that I would use this as my "Thorn in my side." I said that with British nobility. You know hand on my heart and gazing up to the heavens.

It was like when your father just shakes his head and laughs at the naive things you say. GOD responded with, "Why haven't you ever asked ME to heal you?"

I didn't just hear HIM say that, it was like I received that idea in the deepest part of my spirit. I had never thought of that before and I started crying and said, "Would YOU?" Not as a request but as a moment of disbelief. "You would do that for me?" Kind of thing.

As soon as I said that I saw a silhouette of my self standing with my arms down at my sides and my hands spread wide open. There was this light shining behind the silhouette a light I really can't describe. Then I saw (something like a scanner light) that started in my right pinkie went straight across my body and exited my left pinkie.

Immediately, I was healed. The swelling was gone. I had strength. NO PAIN! HE took it away.

So I not only celebrate April 22, each year I also remember every to celebrate every communion.

LORD, YOU have been with me through so many different situations in my life. I love having YOU by my side. Thank YOU for promising to never leave me.

Comments

ilonaharns said…
that is AMAZING!!

Popular Posts