Personal Relationship (2006 Repost)

GOD’S theme for me last week was, “Personal relationship with HIM.” I heard it over and over. The first thing was just in my heart I felt this pull to be with a friend. And I couldn’t find one. Not one who made me feel satisfied. The HOLY SPIRIT told me I am your friend. Come to me first. Then at Bible study my dear friend said that in her quiet time she heard HIM speak the same theme. I am going to quote her here.

Matthew 7:21-23 There is no such thing as fire-insurance! Jesus said it, I didn't. It's all about a PERSONAL relationship with the Lord. Time spent with Him. Time spent in prayer. It's not enough to say the sinners prayer and then go on living life the way you did before.

I would venture to say that many in the church, who call themselves Christians, only accepted Christ to escape Hell. Got their fire-insurance. Jesus will say "I never knew you." He knows our heart. He knows if you really love Him. He knows if you love Him for Him, or "love Him" to escape the flames.

Would you love God if you didn't have the promise of salvation? If you knew you were not going to Heaven but Hell? Would you still love Him if you never got anything in return? That's what He wants. He wants us to love Him FOR HIM! Not for what we expect to get out of the deal. I pray everyday that God fans the flame of my desire for Him. That I am passionate for HIM. That I will be found righteous and He calls me His own. That He KNOWS me.

Have to have a personal relationship with Jesus. It is not optional. Our protection in the times ahead will be found in the prayer closet. We have to know Him. He has to KNOW us to take care of us. How can He get to know us if we only call Him once or twice a week? And collect-calls at that! We need to be on our face, seeking Him, everyday! I'm telling you, that's where our promise of protection is at. It's in that time alone with Him, when we put on Christ.


Then at Joyce Meyer this weekend she started talking about freedom. Freedom from Religion and that means a personal relationship with CHRIST.

Wow. Wow! WOW! HE keeps doing this one topic at a time. It becomes a theme until I get it. HE is so good.

Then my dad stopped by and we talked a bit and somehow the subject changed to this topic too. And it was not my doing. He brought it up.

Sometime along the way I went, “Hey LORD are you trying to tell me something?”

What a great GOD we serve.

We need to go to HIM with the mindset that HE is not unreachable. HE is not invisible. HE is not some celebrity that we would like to meet someday.

GOD is reachable. HE is tangible. HE wants to meet with us each individually. HE wants to sit down when we are stressed and take the pressures of life with us. Just a FRIEND having coffee.

I keep feeling when I am talking to HIM that he is on my right side, so when I talk I keep looking over to my right. I have heard some will put an empty chair next to them for HIS seat. I have a blogging friend who talks to HIM all day and sings too. I used to do that. Now I talk to myself. NO MORE!

FATHER GOD, YOU are changing me. YOU are molding me. I am starting to understand a personal relationship with YOU. What a long way I have gone and now YOU are turning me back. Thank YOU FATHER.

I love when HE gets a hold of me. I love when HE spends special attention to my needs at the moment. HE takes time to know what it is I need next. HE is passionately pursuing me. You have heard of Revelation 3:20 … I stand at the door and knock… That has always been used (well I have always seen it used) to mean those who were not saved and JESUS is knocking on there heart asking to come in. Well look at the context.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

JESUS is actively seeking communion with you, the believer and non-believer. HE wants to have time with each of us. HE wants a personal relationship with us. So that we can get to know HIM and HE will get to know us. Those whom HE loves, that means you, ALL of you. Weather you believe HIM or not.

Again what a great GOD we serve.

We don't have to find HIM in a church although that is where many have found HIM. But we don't need to go to church to meet with HIM. HE doesn't live in the tabernacle. We can worship HIM where ever we are. No religion. No games. No rules. Just GOD. One GOD, friend, father, brother. HE can be all you need. HE is all you need. You just may not know it. And guess what? What you don't know can hurt you. You are missing out on great things.

Go find your BEST FRIEND. HE is waiting. With open arms.

Comments

Popular Posts