Praying for my kids

On Sunday we learned about intercessory prayer using the model laid out by Paul in Colossians 1:3-14. Many great points were made and it was great putting it all together.

One point in particular struck me. Praying for our kids. We are to celebrate their steps to spiritual freedom, pray for their progress, and believe GOD to provide for their eternity.

GOD started forming an idea in me. HE just kinda set me aside of the message for a moment, (trust me I will go back and review what I missed while we were discussing this) and talked about the part of believing and trusting that my kids will be stong in their relationship with HIM.

HE reminded me of a general belief by most parents. That the teenage years are "Horrible" and you would be lucky to have good kids come out of it. Also the philosphy that, "You just have to accept that they are going to expierament and want to do the things you don't want them to."

Seriously people, why are we condemning out children this way. What you speak over them many times comes true. I am not saying to live in an idealistic (un)reality. I do not believe you can go around ignoring behavours that are distructive, thinking that if you just think positivaly they will be just fine.

I am saying that right now begin to believe in your GOD to hold them to the things you and HE are teaching them. You need to hold them accountable so they will respect these teachings and so they can understand what accountability is.

Also, when you believe in failure you live it out. You don't trust your kids to get what you are trying to teach them. They know when you don't believe in them, and they respond accordingly (which isn't good). You are creating a monster for you and them.

You need to understand that this is a sociatal lie. And where do those come from???? Satan. Duh.

GOD gives you all the tools you need to "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 It is a promise from HIM. They will not depart from it.

I am asking you to refuse to believe the idea that all you can do is hope that your kids will not depart from it. It is a PROMISE from HIM! They will not depart from it.

Comments

Popular Posts