Broken

Have you ever prayed, "LORD, break me." I have. I have prayed it because I need humility. I have prayed it because I am selfish and I need HIM to break the chains of bondage to my flesh.

Check out Proverbs 15:13

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

When I pray for brokenness I cry and have a heavy heart. I don't feel release. I feel sorrow. I beg for peace and comfort. But I just asked for brokenness. I am not confusing GOD I am confusing my spirit.

I knew for some reason that my prayer for brokenness wasn't working. I am still selfish and proud. GOD desires us to have a cheerful countenance. HE wouldn't have said it as the positive to the negative in that verse. It is a point HE wanted us to see. HE wants us to have cheerful countenance because how many people would look at you and say, "Wow, look how sad they are. I want to be just like them. I want what they have." Yea, right.

I still believe that I need release from my flesh and I need to be humbled. I need to decipher between sadness and humility. I will no longer pray for brokenness. Instead I will pray that GOD will develop humility in me. I will ask HIM to make my fleshly desires a horrid taste in my mouth.

I have always loved that song

Brokenness, brokenness
is what I long for
Brokenness
is what I need

It has a beautiful melody and it is in my key, but it never spoke to my spirit. The rest of the song is righteousness. I will sing that but no longer the brokenness. I don't need it I need HIM.

Comments

Popular Posts