Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. -Hebrews 11:1

Faith is the act of living in the future. How can you do that? That seems so unstable. We actually do that on a regular basis. You turn on your stove having faith that it will heat up. If you were to turn it on and then stand their wringing your hands worrying weather it was still working you would be called "Monk." No, (JK) you would be living without faith if in everything that you do you were concerned it wouldn't work. You turn the key and the car starts. You just expect these things to happen. They are the, "substance of things hoped for."

A meal will be on the table. You will get to your destination. You live knowing that when you act the outcome will be what it is supposed to.

Yes, I know that sometimes these things break and when you do them they may, without notice, not work, but do you live under the expectation that they will not? No, you would go crazy like that. If every time you got in your car you expected to be in an accident you would probably not drive for very long. If every time I cook I expect a fire I would start using the microwave. My health and my family's health would suffer from the fear.

The thing about Faith in the CREATOR is that HE will never "break." You can trust in HIS promises. You have faith that when you come to HIM you will have peace.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7

So faith is living without Fear. Secure in the life that GOD wants for you. Faith is waking up knowing that the "things" that were broken yesterday will somehow not harm your life with CHRIST. You can move forward because GOD has it all under control.

I have been so blessed by the life of Paul. He is one of my favorite authors. One thing I am learning is that GOD is developing in me the life described later in Philippians 4.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. -Philippians 4:11

HE is showing me the contentment of my life and we are working on my speaking that. I should have no want I am blessed by the wonderful life HE has given me.

I didn't wake up every day and whine, "Oh, GOD, I really want a piano, PLEASE give me one, PLEASE." No, actually I just enjoyed the idea of the perfect piano coming my way.

This happened with a swing set one time. I started the summer wanting a swing set with different types of swings. I didn't even petition GOD I just told HIM and family what I would like to have. Then I found a whole set of different kinds of swings in someones trash. I felt so blessed. My FATHER remembered what I had wanted and gave it to me. Just like JESUS says in Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Some things you do need to petition. You need to humble your self before your GOD and have faith that HE will hear you.

The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer. Psalm 6:9

Friends in need, Pray. Your health, Pray. Bring before HIM your life. Maybe not in the way you have ever thought before. You go to friends to catch up and you can go to HIM to do the same. Just take a coffee break with your FATHER.

Have Faith that HE will "receive" your communication. HE will hear you. Do you know why? Because you have Faith.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. -Mark 2:5

Comments

K13 Family Blog said…
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. -Philippians 4:11

I really like that verse. My kids try to refer to things that they want and I gentle remind them we do not want things we like them. I have had countless experiences with needed something and GOD usually provides. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts