Mission

I had a conversation a while back that has stayed with me. We were talking about our calling and how each of us has been called to minister in a different way.

One friend said that she was called to network women. Another said she was to help those who were broke, financially. I thought about my calling. I have been thinking about it since.

I feel the deepest sympathy for those who are hurting. Mostly emotional. I do have friends who have physical pain, yet I am still more interested in how they handle that emotionally.

In the last few weeks I have been presented with some very difficult pain. I desperately hurt for these people. Even to the point of asking GOD to take it from them and give it to me, because I know that I could handle it with HIM. Broken hearts hurt me. I just want HIM to fix it. I don't want them to be in pain.

But then they finish telling me their story and I am left hurting for them and they walk away. Many never return to update their experience with me. Some get annoyed if I call to check in. One is jealous of my life and asks what she is doing wrong and when I say that we should pray for GOD to help she gets mad and says I am just too religious for her. This being said on the way out of church on Sunday.

I asked GOD why am I just here to hear and hurt and never able to help guide them to HIM. HE said, "Kellie, you are looking to be their saviour. That is not what you are called to do. I am. Just be there and pray."

HE has kept a theme ringing clear for me lately. It is that I cannot influence change in them. HE keeps pointing out things that I cannot change, but HE can. I just need to pray for those things to be changed in them.

I did that for my hubby. It took almost 4 years before that changed but oh what a difference. GOD says, "Don't give up on the prayer. Find someone who can pray in agreement with you on that. And keep coming to ME. Also, keep being available for your calling. A calling to listen and pray and hurt."


P.S. I was also encouraged by the women who had this conversation with me. They are great at their calling. What beautiful examples they are for me. Thank you ladies.

Comments

Navi said…
Yes, sometimes it really helps people just to have someone to listen.

Popular Posts