Politics

I think that I am just a bit un-educated on the matter. It is of course my own fault. I just don't take the time to research all the the proposals and candidates. But here is what I think on the matter of the Presidential race.

On one side we have a candidate who will, just by winning, increase the morale of the country. I believe that the economic standing will improve for a time. I think that this will happen because congress does not want to be blamed for the economic crisis. They are so bent on blaming the economic state on the current administration. Even though they have not been able to do anything since they were able to gain control 4 years ago.

His record shows voting in a radically Pro-Choice way. He voted against anything that would define life at conception. He also voted against tax breaks for those paying for their own health insurance. Can you say, "Small business owners?" There are a few other areas that he voted against the favor of the taxpaying American. So like I said before economic moral would be boosted for a time. Until they see how he really operates. Until they see their tax returns the first time.

I do also believe that if this candidate wins the election our moral beliefs will be at risk. Religious freedoms will be tightened. Parental rights will be invaded and then re-defined to their ideas. Thus, our children will be at risk.

On the other hand we have a candidate who is pretty old. I know some of you don't think that is an issue, but when I watch him I see a man who is very uncomfortable in his skin. I feel like he is someone trying to be younger than he actually feels. I think that when this is all over he will have some down time and then he will notice how much of a stress to his system this has been.

I believe that if he were to win that the economic state would deteriorate quickly. The upset with the current president and the success at the blame game will convince the country that we are in for more disappointment. It will be a hard economic blow. He will also not be able to get much done with all the opposition surrounding him.

His record on the moral issues are more along my beliefs and I am encouraged by that. I tend to vote based on my moral beliefs. But what if that is not all there is this time around?

I will end with this. No matter who wins, this is again a call to the Body of CHRIST. If the latter wins then we have some more "borrowed" time to bring revival, strengthen the Body, and prepare the hearts of those around us to enter into troubled times. If the former wins then we have to be ready to fight for our beliefs. We have to start living out loud no matter who wins, however. So get up off your computer chair and get down on your knees. Pray.

Pray for the election. Pray that we would walk in GOD'S will for the future of this country. Pray that you would have the opportunity to strengthen the Body around you. Pray that no matter what happens in the coming months you will be able to say that "...in whatsoever state I am therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11. Pray that your life will be a witness to the Glory of GOD.

Comments

Popular Posts