Family Update

I have been so busy on Facebook that I am not sure what I have posted here. So I will give an update.

DD1 Started Kindergarten. She is really liking it. Last week I was up sick all night and so was DS. I decided that I shouldn't drive her to school and kept her home. She was disappointed. She told me that they have so much fun learning and she didn't want to miss it. Awww.

DS has continued to be a little health issue. He will be an adventure in that area. We have to be careful playing outside and be sure to have his nebulizer (sp?) at all times. He is getting better when it comes to some of his allergies though. Some baked goods with milk in them are all right.

He is a sweetie. He says some of the funniest things. He told me that he chose who he was going to marry, and it wasn't me this time so I asked him, "what about me?" He said, "Hey, maybe I could marry you and her and that would be a good idea." I love watching him put thoughts together.

DD2 is getting around so well. She is a very cute crawler and now she is pulling up on almost anything. She is so funny. She has great comedic timing. She will sit and look over your shoulder and then suddenly grab your nose and laugh. She waits for you to be unsuspecting. I love it.

My DH heard about a job at the state and applied. Then we forgot about it. About two weeks later we got a letter in the mail from the FAA. They were looking at a position here at the airport for an avionics technician. They were asking him to send in his resume. Then the next day he got a call from the state for an interview. That was the job he applied for two weeks earlier. He went to that one and then a second interview. We were offered a job with them. It is only 500 feet from where he is now.

We will be taking a pay cut, but I am confident that if GOD handed him this job then this is were we are supposed to be, so HE will provide. We have never been without for too long. HE always pays the bill before anything bad happens.

GOD has also been getting me organized. I am working with a weekly menu and only buying the items we don't currently have to make those meals. It really saves at the store. I just have to be very disciplined not to buy just because it is on sale. I may already have enough to get us through to the next sale.

And I have to stop buying just because I am craving it. GOD is helping me with my diet and I am eating less and now trying to really cut back on the white refined junk. That is actually cheaper. Baked potato is filling and healthy. Better than a pizza. You can top it with almost anything. I had baked beans and potato and it was pretty good. Just some things HE is helping me with.

New job starts next week and the new insurance will start right away. Which is unusual but awesome.

Great times.

Comments

Popular Posts