Fireproof

DH and I went out on a date Saturday and saw Fireproof. It was so hard at times to not cry.

Actually, I do not usually cry at movies. Like at Titanic everyone around me was crying at the end, I looked over at my date and said, "Did I miss something?" He responded (all choked up mind you), "It's so beautiful." I had to hold back the laughter. Not very successfully.

I have to say that this one had me drying my face just to start all over again. There was so much in the movie that related to my marriage. I heard arguments we have had, thoughts I have had, accusation that were so true but didn't want to admit, and the wounds are still a bit sore for me.

I am learning that the life of fear that I have been living has been the biggest hindrance for the healing that has been slow.

I would love to tell you that I am all over the fear and that we are growing by leaps and bounds. That just isn't so. But we are moving at a better pace now that I am facing the fear and kicking it in the ...

Fireproof was a good movie. I am not sure how many non-believers would come, but I would encourage you to go just to send a message that movies like that are appreciated by the masses. We want more of the clean entertainment.

Comments

K13 Family Blog said…
Our MOPS table was raving good things about the movie yesterday. I really want to see it with Big D.
Anonymous said…
We also went to see this movie on a date and I cried too! It really was a great movie and I hope others will go see it.

Popular Posts